Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 19: A New Assignment and Faith in the Lord; A Baptism; and 'Hito" and Dream Fulfillment

Well, I am a lucky missionary mom this week! Lots of pictures, a letter, and recordings! The Lord truly watches over His missionaries. In his recordings last week, Elder Watkins spoke of the care and kindness of a store owner who helped him...From the beginning (this is probably not for the faint of stomach..) Elder Watkins and Elder Gomez were walking. Elder Watkins wasn't feeling well and said he needed to sit for a bit. As they sat outside a little shop, from nowhere (well, we all know from where) projectile "firehose" (his words) vomit uncontrollably spewed forth, backsplash going everywhere. Luckily Elder Gomez was able to avoid the forceful expulsion of Elder Watkins' stomach contents through his mouth and possibly through his nose. A woman brought Elder Watkins some water and brought him into the store to get cleaned up. After that, she brought him and Elder Gomez some soup. I am so grateful for those who are kind to my missionary and take care of him while he is on the Lord's errand. These are the angels He sends to aid those in need. These are the tender mercies he sends to missionary moms. 


Elder Watkins and Elder Gomez were able to share a message of glad tidings with this wonderful woman who showed love and kindness to them. 





Hey Family. Hopefully you still read these haha. 

Anyways I'm a regular missionary now! Not a trainee! I finished the training program! So as I was waiting for transfer announcements I was anxiously waiting to know where I would be going! I found out that I would be staying here in Talavera... After going to the mission home in Tarlac. Which means that I'm pregnant! That's what it is called here when you train... So my 'anak' or child is Elder Choresca. He is from Davow Philippines and is 25 years old. He's been less active since 8 years old until 2 years ago and then decided to serve a mission! He's a little shy but has a strong testimony. I think we'll become great friends and accomplish some great things here in Talavera Ward. 

My thoughts on training... well I had a little warning as a few missionaries were hinting that I would be which made me nervous. But I was just happy taking faith that the Lord qualifies whom he calls. Even though I feel inadequate, and young in the mission, I take comfort in the fact that this call to be Elder Choresca's trainer is from the Lord. He knows me better than I know myself, and if he has called me to do it, I have faith that I will be able to do it.

So we have a baptism this week! Sister Dohinog! I'm really excited and happy for her. Her kids are too young to be baptized so it's just her. This will be #3 of my whole mission which I am super excited about. 

Sister Nela, the last girl who was baptized is so nice. She bought/made these hankerchiefs for me that have my name on them! She's too kind. She is also the one that brought us food when I got really sick. I'm really grateful for the kindness here in the Pino Islands :)

Cool experience of the week. So on New Years we were walking home and Elder Gomez wanted to buy some food. We walked past this house that was selling 'hito' or catfish. We stopped and talked to the father of the home named Rick. He invited us to teach him but we had to decline since we had a curfew at 6 o'clock that night. He seemed really eager for us to teach him. We returned and taught him and his 2 sons Tuesday. We asked why he was so interested in speaking with us. He said I'll tell you maybe later. So we continued the lesson and after he was shocked. He explained the night before he met us. He had a dream that he was following a very bright light. Once he arrived at the light an old man in white clothes was there waiting for him. Rick said somehow he was on his knees and the old man put his hands on his head similar to the picture we had shown him. NUTS!!! Anyways I'm really looking forward to meeting with him again this week. And hopefully he and his whole family will attend church this week. :) 

Anyways love you all :) :) :) 

Elder Watkins
P.S. The picture is me and my anak :) 

Elder Watkins with his "anak" new companion Elder Choresca

Elder Gomez and Elder Watkins wearing their zone tshirts
and throwing down some zone signs...

Elder Watkins and Elder Howlette, MTC companions
and tie twiners!
Elder Watkins and Elder Gomez with the Gaspar Family
Elder Watkins with Javen, Gliddel and Javen's mom



Elder Watkins with Sister Nela (in the purple shirt, who was
 baptized a couple weeks ago) with her two children and her sister Leah.
I have been asking for pictures of the apartment...
Here is Elder Gordon in the kitchen/living area.
Bathroom - toilet, water bucket, and tabo (I could have probably
 been fine not seeing this...but he aims to please his mother!)

Elder Watkins contemplating the mysteries of the universe
as he stands on the bank of a river next to a rock wall.
(Haha or maybe he is just wondering where the best spot on
the bank is to do his laundry...with a "rahk"!!!) sorry for the
inside joke that probably only his cousin Joseph and a couple
others will understand...
Elder Watkins with Arvil Levigne. He is hilarious! (Glad it is
 just a picture of a girl...He is so adorable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment