Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 33: Hard Work, The Lord Provides, and Heavenly Father Knows Me

Hey!

I can't believe next week I'll be skyping again! Time has and is absolutely flying by. 8 months already what?? Super stoked to talk with you all so soon :)

So this week was a lot of hard work in finding people. We were blessed with 13 new investigators! I'm really hoping these are the right people the Lord has prepared for us to teach and be converted to the Gospel.

I'll share a story about one of the new investigators.

We met her and her sister on tuesday. Their names are Relin and May. They are 18 and 16 and both Catholic. However, Relin is very interested in investigating other churches. She's been attending Iglesia ni Cristo and Baptist. She actually recently decided to be baptized to the Baptist church then we met her. We taught a short lesson and she invited us to return later that week. Upon our return we started teaching Lesson 1 and we were teaching about everything up until Joseph Smith. She had a lot of questions so the lesson was pretty long we decided to save Joseph and Restoration for the next meeting. She then told us that she decided to be baptized to Baptist church and asked if we would not return to teach her. We taught her Restoration immediately and the Spirit was so strong. We could see the Spirit really working in her as we testified about the Restoration. After she said she would like to think more about it and wanted us to come back and teach more. I was grateful that the spirit does the teaching and told her something that helped her choose to keep listening to us... hopefully she continues to let us in!

Tomorrow I will be going on an exchange with my MTC companion ELDER HOWLETT! What a stud of a cowboy... we will be heading to Manila. We are going for fingerprints... however we have to be at the bus station at 415 AM... this is the 3rd time this week we have had to wake up before 430... man I'm tired... but its all good. I've actually noticed a cool trend. In the afternoon we have from 12-130 lunch! I used to eat my food fast and then take a nap. But I've noticed also that when I just study I feel more energized! The Lord provides! Also last Sunday I was walking and was super hungry... but I didn't want to buy food on the Sabbath. I was like the Lord will provide. I was thinking more in terms of energy, but the next house we randomly spoke with, total strangers just asked to come in and eat their food! haha so cool. The Lord truly provides 'take ye no thought for yourselves'

A spiritual experience I had yesterday which really helped me feel that my Heavenly Father is keenly aware of me and my feelings. I have been kind of down the past few weeks. I feel like I haven't felt the Spirit as much in the last few weeks while teaching. I couldn't tell if it was due to something I did, or if I was getting dull/numb to the Spirit (which I don't think is possible anyways). Anyways I was praying for help and more motivation and an increased ability to feel and recognize the Spirit. At church yesterday, I was asked to teach the Gospel Essentials class and the lesson was about tithing. Not usually the most spiritually powerful lesson. I taught and didn't think too much of the lesson. Later that night I we ran into a Recent Convert who was in the class. His name is Olbeth and he is around 30 years old. He thanked me for the lesson and said that lately he hasn't felt the same at church. He felt like he was missing something at church. He then told me that in the lesson he felt the Spirit more strongly than he had in any lesson he had at church. That same day I went on splits with a Priest from the branch named Ariel. He started off the day kind of bummed but by the end he seemed to do so much better. As we were walking home he explained to me that he had a bad day and was upset the whole day. Then we went teaching and said that he felt the spirit so strongly in the lessons today and was so much more happy. 

This just strengthened my testimony that the God listens to my prayers and knows my concerns. He knows me personally and He will answer me and give me the help and encouragement I need. 

Hope you all have a great week :) love you all :)

Elder Watkins



Elder Watkins and two wild chicks.
He is so adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment